Residential renovations and maintenance works should not continue during the circuit breaker lockdown, unless considered to be an emergency.
Authorised workers are not required to carry a worker permit.
The Victorian State government has just announced that as of 11:59pm today (27/05/2021), Victoria will be placed into a 7 day circuit breaker lockdown, due to end at 11:59pm on Thursday the 3rd of June. To read the full statement from the acting Premier, click here.
Stay at home orders apply once again, except for these five reasons:
- Shopping for necessary good and services
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Authorised work or permitted education
- Exercise (for up to 2 hours, with one other person)
- Receiving a COVID-19 vaccine
Masks must again be worn at all times when inside or outside, except for when you’re in your own home, or if you have an exemption.
The travel limit of 5km has also been put back in place, with the exceptions of:
- Accessing necessary goods and services which cannot be access within 5km
- To visit an intimate partner or person in your “single bubble”
- Travel for authorised work or permitted education
- Care and compassionate reasons
Those who can work at home, must work at home. However, we realise for many Trade Trak users, this isn’t a possibility.
For a full list of restrictions and the authorised providers and authorised worker list, click here.
So far, we know that the construction industry will stay open. When we get further clarity on what this means for renovations and occupied homes, we will update this blog so be sure to check back.
Our COVID Safe items are still available for free on our Template Store, however, these have not been updated since Stage 4 lockdown in 2020, so we encourage you to review each to ensure it’s applicable to your business and current. Access them here.
The VictorianGovernment’s version of the COVID-Safe Plan for those in the Construction industry can also be found here.
If you have been to any of the public exposure sites or if you have any symptoms at all, please make sure to get tested and stay at home.